Mary and her pet tumbleweed

Mary and her pet tumbleweed
My Pet Tumbleweed

Monday, June 20, 2011

Volunteering at the Joshua Tree Library

I have started volunteering at the Joshua Tree branch library, which is part of the San Bernardino County library system.  It's a very small facility that is probably no more than 1,000 square feet.  Here is the link to the Friends of the Library:  http://www.joshuatreefol.org/

I am only required to devote 2 hours per week, so at this point I am volunteering on Thursday from 10-12.  I really like the branch manager (her name is Penny).  The part-time gal Jessica is also very nice.  I think it will be a pleasant experience.

1 comment:

  1. I recently made the decision to add another volunteer session on Tuesdays from 2-4. The people are very nice and it gives me something to do during the heat of the summer. It's doubtful I'll find a suitable paid position anytime soon, so I might as well make myself useful.

    ReplyDelete