Mary and her pet tumbleweed

Mary and her pet tumbleweed
My Pet Tumbleweed

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Exploring Smith Water Canyon

I had been told by some of the locals that Smith Water Canyon is the most lust of all canyons found in Joshua Tree National Park.  I decided to hike up into the mouth of the canyon to check it out one day last week.  I plan to go back with Karen sometime in the spring when there is water and wildflowers in the area.  In the meantime I also plan to check out the exit point of the canyon in Covington Flats.  We will need to have a car at both ends since the trek up the canyon is 8.5 miles one way.













3 comments:

  1. Hi, Mary,

    Nice photos. Did you find any running water on your trip?

    HJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim:

    No, I didn't find any water when I was exploring the canyon. Of course it was during the winter time. I have been told that you may find water there in the spring. I didn't get a chance to hike Smith Water Cyn this spring, believe it or not! For some reason time got away from me. Hopefully next spring for sure!

    Mary :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mary. I'm headed out there in a week and a half. I'll see what I find.

    HJ

    ReplyDelete