Mary and her pet tumbleweed

Mary and her pet tumbleweed
My Pet Tumbleweed

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Volunteer Day at Whitewater

I participated in the eradication of Sahara Mustard in Whitewater Preserve last weekend.  This plant is very invasive and tends to take over the area, thereby crowding out the native plants.  It was a beautiful day and I ran into some of my fellow docents who participated in the docent training class this past fall.  One of my fellow docents is a young gal named Daryian, who is only 18.  She is on her way to a life of conservation of our natural resources.  She has plans to study environmental science and wants to take seasonal jobs in the national park system when she is done with college.  What a dynamic young person!  I wish I had followed this path when I was her age!

No comments:

Post a Comment